Thursday, December 14, 2017

My Thoughts On 'MOTHER!'




Not going to do a full on review for 'Mother'.. For about the first hour of the flick, I thought Mother was a black comedy.. Every time Jennifer Lawrence gave one of her confused somewhat horrified looks to whatever bizarre events that were taking place at the time, I found myself busting out laughing..

The second half of the film is a complete mess, and yes I understood all the metaphors and what the film was ultimately about.

Ed Harris and Michelle Pfeiffer failed to bring any real spark to the film, as far as Javier Bardem goes - I found him annoying to the point of wanting to punch him in the face.

I did enjoy Jennifer Lawrence's character, and she is the only reason I'm giving Mother a 3/10 rating..

If my little review comes across as pointless - don't blame me, blame Mother.

Cast, Jennifer Lawrence, Javier Bardem, Ed Harris and Michelle Pfeiffer - Written and Directed by Darren Aronofsky..